Why the deck scarifier is there?
For the vessels, maintenance and repair of deck protective coating is very essential, as the seawater corrodes and cargo moves. The right surface preparation tools which remove coating and corrosion make the difference and reduce the future repair cost. Deck scarifier has been active in the marine & shipping industry for decades,for remove the coatings. The working width of scarifiers on the markets are commonly 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, and a few 350mm. The latters are heavy duty scarifiers, which are seldom used for vessel work.
What is the deck scarifier and how does it works?
Scarifiers are the versatile tools on floor construction used for concrete, asphalt and even steel surfaces. The scarifier drum with cutter, working width from 200mm to 30mm, is located in the front of the unit bottom, leaving the less possible untreated texture. The cutters on the drum are changeable, from TCT cutters, brushes, steel stars cutters, and diamond blades, depending on the application use. For vessel preparation, tungsten carbide cutters and brushes are mostly common tooling, up to the depth of 3-5mm. The scarifier drum can be adjusted its height from ground, in this way, for changing the cutting depth.
What are the features of scarifiers on the vessel?
1. It takes away the rust and oxide layer on the surface of the steel plate on vessel, without damaging the surface.
2. The steel surface after scarification is uniform and rough, which greatly improves the adhesion strength of the steel plate and the protective coating, so that the anti-corrosion paint can be paved more tightly with the steel plate.
3. Manually push, compacted construction unit, very convenient to transport.
4. The range of versible power source is available: gasoline, air powered, electric motor.
5. Connected to the vacuum cleaner, marine environment friendly.
Looking the reliable supplier of scarifiers?
The scarifiers, electric scaler, and their tools used for vessel application source from united kingdom. Therefore the manufacturers from China and other countries have developped the good performance products. A stable and reliable supplier will help you save time, energy, and money for serve the local customers. A few tips are stated here for a reference.
1, Technology. Check if the suppliers have technology for continuous improvement on products and machines with different drum range, working width and cutting depth to backup the market.
2. Quality. The suppliers should assure the stability of production, lead time, and operation.
3. Price. Choose the suppliers which use the high quality spare parts and with the lower price. It gives a bigger bang for the buck.
4. Service. Choose suppliers that can provide customerized and after-sales supporting services.